THE LEARNING CENTER
DEUCE: Boys Leadership& Mentoring Program
Sportsmen’s DEUCE program provides boys ages 7 – 17 with an opportunity to receive tennis instruction, enrichment, and mentoring free of charge every Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m. Each week DEUCE students participate in various of public speaking exercises, peer group discussions, and trivia relative to their life experiences. They are also learning to give back to their communities at young ages. The boys willingly devote themselves to volunteering at a host of Sportsmen’s events including our holiday toy drive and the annual gala. Under the guidance of Sportsmen’s coaches and the Diamond Educators these young men are being equipped with life skills, tools for healthy living, and ultimately being molded into future mentors for generations to follow.
Our key objectives are for participants to:
- Understand what leadership is and what it means and feels like to be a leader
- Learn to move themselves and others from ideas to successful implementation
- Develop visions for themselves and their communities
- Build the goal setting skills to set and achieve short and long term goals, personal and community
Sportsmen’s Tennis & Enrichment Center, its management, coaches, members and Juniors, commit to the following guiding principles:
- SPORTSMENSHIP: Be respectful – of your coaches, your peers, yourself and the game; Be honest, be responsible for your actions – call lines & life with integrity; Be modest when successful and gracious in defeat.
- TRUST: Yourself – your participation will result in better performance; Your coaches to help you improve; STEC to support you in reaching your goals on & off the court.
- EFFORT: Try the best you can – don’t confuse effort with talent; Take responsibility for your own progress; There is no “I can’t – only I don’t know how but I’ll try;” Consistent participation leads to better performance.
- COACHABILITY: Be receptive to change. Listen and do things differently; Accept the discomfort that comes with change and improving your game.
- COMMUNITY: Be unselfish. Work hard, not only for yourself, but also for the sake of others.
We provide Support for Social and Emotional Wellness during this program.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.